Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28, 2008 - what I've been up to

It's August, so that means time to help the kids get ready to go back to school. Let's see, I've been doing this for 19 years now!

The kids and I had a fun trip to Ikea Thursday. Friday we rented a truck to move their furniture and some of their belongings to their new apartments. They are in the same building, one floor apart. It's just the second year the building is open so the apartments are quite nice. New management company this year, so we'll see what happens.

The furniture stayed in Madison, but the kids didn't. Kristin is working as many shifts as she can before leaving and Daniel had one more day of work and they both have eye appointments. So it has been pretty wild around here. They leave for the semester on Sunday. Sad : (

I have been crafting a quilted makeup organizer for Kristin. No pattern, I just am flying by the seat of my pants. So the Ohio Star quilt is on the back burner once again.

The garden is thriving and we so enjoy the beauty of it. I am trying to savor the warm days and beautiful colors because we all know fall is coming and winter isn't far behind.

I'll post a photo of the makeup organizer when it's finished. I am really enjoying the new sewing machine and have my first sewing machine lesson next Thursday.

1 comment:

Alane said...

I saw a book at Barnes and Noble that had all kinds of different quilted organizer things. Not sure if it would be a help or not. Can't wait to see it.