Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1, 2008 - Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

In December we got about 30 inches of snow. Only December 2000 had more snow than this past month.

I decided all that snow was too good to waste, so I bought cross country skis. My old ones fell apart about 5 years ago and I never got around to replacing them.

So I have skied twice so far this week. Today the wind is brisk, so I need to buy one of those dorky hat/face mask things before I venture out into the cold.

All my quilting stuff has been packed up while the kids are home, but I did finish the binding on the green/lavender/maroon doll quilt. I don't like it. Too scrappy.

I really have been kind of chomping at the bit to get sewing again, so today I am washing the fabric for my son's Irish Chain quilt. At least I can get it pressed and start cutting out the pieces.

No comments: